Diamond ring upgrades are becoming increasingly common these days. Maybe you’ve been thinking about it and want to learn more. Whether it’s an engagement ring that’s been handed down for generations, or you just want a different look and feel to your ring, there are many options available now for upgrading or trading in your diamond ring.
There are diamond vendors out there who actually specialize in upgrading rings and trading in diamonds, and there are other ways to make sure that you get the highest value for your trade-in.
Are you wondering how long it might take to trade-in your ring? As long as you are dealing with a reputable vendor, you won’t usually need to wait for longer than if you had ordered a new stone and setting.
You might want to upgrade or trade-in your ring for a number of different reasons. But before going after any of those options, make sure that you are knowledgeable about the upgrade process. In the end, you want to be able to maintain the most value for your diamond and go down the path, which will leave you with a diamond ring that you love.
How do you Upgrade your Diamond or Engagement Ring?
Upgrading your diamond ring is usually a simple process, however, the best way to do it will depend on different factors like where you got the ring in the first place.
Some diamond vendors have diamond upgrade programs in place, so you might want to return to them to do the upgrade to make life easier. These programs allow you to trade-in your old diamond ring and upgrade to a new one without any extra fees.
There are many different ways you can upgrade your ring. These options will include:
- Upgrading your diamond to a larger one. This is one of the most common ways you can upgrade your ring.
- Changing your diamond shape. Diamonds come in a large variety of cuts and shapes. If you still love your setting but want a slight change, you might want to switch to a centre stone that is cut differently.
- Add extra diamonds. If you have a solitaire style engagement ring, then switching to a halo or side stone setting can be a good way to change things up and add a bit of sparkle without changing the center diamond.
- Change your setting. There are a wide range of different settings available that you could consider for an upgrade.
- Choose a different type of metal. If you’re tired of your band, consider switching to a setting in a different metal like rose gold or platinum. This can give your ring a new look without changing the center stone.
- Repurpose your original diamond. If you would rather keep your existing diamond, you can repurpose it in a necklace or other type of jewellery.
Your engagement ring is an extremely important item to you and your partner. This means there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to upgrading your ring. You should pick the upgrade that best suits you so that you end up with something you are happy with and is uniquely yours.